Two things that are of great importance in my life are yoga and healthy living.
If you come to my yoga class you will definitely smell the difference from any other yoga class you have gone to. I use essential oils on my hands as I do adjustments throughout the class, I use them to clean my mats, the floors, the nice cool cloths I hand out at the end of each class, and they are diffusing before, during and after the class as well!
My classes are well planned out and the scents I choose, hopefully create a class for optimal health.
Generally this is what it looks like…..
1. Lemon, wild orange and peppermint, peppermint, grapefruit – 1 or 2 drops into my water before a practice. Has many benefits including detoxification and uplifting properties to start a practice right!!
2. Frankincense – at the beginning of the practice while centring and working on breath helps with cell regeneration and is a powerful cleanser of spiritual darkness.
3. Bergamot – inhale from hands and apply to the heart area before the ‘main body’ of the practice (after warm up and sun salutations). Bergamot encourages balance, strength and confidence.
4. Juniper Berry – supports kidney detoxification and may assist with healthy circulation. Use before seated postures, 1 or 2 drops in your hands inhale and then rub on your lower back.
5. Lavender – 1 or 2 drops in your hands, rub together then massage your scalp and then your neck before you take your final resting savasana.
This is just one of HUNDREDS of combinations and possibilities! Essential oils have a plethora of uses and benefits. Contact me anytime if you have any questions, I’d be happy to help you begin your journey or assist the path you are already on for better health and wellness.